GetSet2Move Personal Safety for home viewings
We welcome all Home Sellers and Viewers to read this. Please remember a house sale is more than just a building itís someoneís home.
- Donít be put off by this list, but just because you are in your own home, donít take risks. These sensible precautions will help. Most important donít arrange any meeting independently. Make all arrangements through GetSet2Move.com. We log all contacts and retain them for immediate use by the police.
- Arrange for a friend or neighbour to be in the house when a viewer calls. If you are expecting a lot of people, remove valuable possessions from sight and station someone at the door to check when people leave. Get Set 2 Move will provide you with a list of visitors, donít admit people unless they are on the list.
- Dress in a business like manner and donít wear valuable items.
- Carry your mobile phone around the house with you during the viewing.
- Arrange to call someone during the viewing if you are concerned. Agree a code word or phrase that you will give and wonít alert your visitor.
- If your home has a panic alarm system, know how to use it and let your neighbours know when you will be having viewings.
- Think about how you might escape if you feel threatened.
- Donít travel in someone elseís car, get them to follow you in their own car.
- You can legitimately expect any viewer to be aware of Get Set 2 moveís security policy. We expect a viewer to show you a copy of their driving licence before they enter your home. If it isnít the name you were expecting donít let them in and ask them to call us.
- We also expect viewers to tell you how many people will be attending the viewing when they make the arrangements. If itís more than two (e.g husband and wife) or if you are concerned make sure there is more than one of you there to greet them. It also our policy that each group should stay together and be accompanied around the house at all times.