Property for Sale with GetSet2Move
There has to be a better way.
Consumer Association Research indicated that the overwhelming majority of sellers did not trust their estate agent. Around 30% of offers never make it through to a sale. Offers are made ‘subject to contract’ which means that both sides can just walk away. Many ‘chains’ collapse and we know of one seller who was in two chains to ensure that they got one that might hold together. Yes! This means that one chain was bound to collapse.
Many homeowners in 2009 would agree that the Property market is broken. Out of these simple questions evolved a new system for property sales.
The first question for any innovative new business should be:- How can we make things better? Better for Sellers and better for Buyers. This is why Get Set 2 Move is so different.
- We recommend that you sell before you buy.
- You can view a house only on scheduled viewing days
- We use an Auction format, which means that a winning bid is binding on both parties
- The same information is available to all bidders before the auction, from a team of independent professionals (solicitors, surveyors, brokers). You don’t pay for any of this unless you are the winning bidder.
- You can arrange a mortgage offer before you start bidding
- And if you unexpectedly win you can pay the initial £1,000 fee with a credit card.
- Best of all it all happens on the internet in an exciting, real time, live-auction format. Where you know ‘when the hammer falls’ you’ve got a deal.
Who are we?
Ray Calverley: Managing director. Ray has a Masters degree from Cambridge, competed in the Olympic Games and has run several entrepreneurial businesses in manufacturing, consultancy and software. He has NFOPP Technical awards in Residential Estate Agency and Real Property Auctioneering, but the big ideas behind Get Set 2 Move came from the first hand experience of the difficulties of buying and selling his own homes.
David Bolton: IT Director. Dave is a Computer science Graduate from Queens University Belfast and is a published IT author and a software development guru. Having worked on the original property portals and later in financial trade software, Dave’s experience has solved many strategic problems to bring us this innovative website.